We all have something to celebrate – whether it’s a birthday, a wedding, a baby shower, corporate events, or just simply a celebratory party (from a successful business deal, promotion or even passing the bar exam), it is inherently a requirement to have a lavish party in order to feel a celebratory status. While it’s true that having a great party requires good planning, but it does not necessarily mean that it needs to be expensive. So if you want to simplify a party but still have a festive mood with your friends and family, here are some of the best tips to have a good party booking without shelling too much budget:
1. Pick a theme – A fabulous party needs a central theme in order for it becomes memorable. This is important as the theme will be the baseline for planning \ and buying the appropriate party supplies. Prior to doing that, make sure that you have the central theme in mind so you are more focused and on track about what you need to buy for your intended party theme. This, in turn, helps you control your budget further as you are more centered on the main idea rather than spending on some items that are not actually appropriate for the theme you are planning.
2. Be practical – rather than spending money on the commercially available decorations out there, you may opt for handmade decorations for your party. It would be cheaper and sometimes looks unique to the eyes of your guests. What’s even better is that, if you have the talent, why not DIY and just buy the raw materials one by one for a cheaper price.
3. Focus on your guest list –rather than spending too much on decorations and other items for the party, it would be wiser to spend more time (yes, time not actually spending, for your guests) to greet them personally when they come. Rather than splurging too much on food, it would be better to plan for some games that require interaction with the guests. This way, they would feel more comfortable with the group and enjoy the party as much as they can. To make it more enjoyable, spend some money on the prizes to make it more exciting for the participants.
4. Entertain the kids – Guests bringing their kids sometimes cause more harm than good – if they are not prepared for carefully. Children can be a handful sometimes, but if they are being kept occupied during the party, it would be for the best of the whole party. Set-up some “kid zones” on the party premises to help the kids stay occupied while the party is ongoing. Provide some coloring books on their tables or make up some rooms for them to play around in or rest if they do want to. After all, happy children = happy parents!
5. Let your guests pitch in – Let’s face it – the people you are inviting to come to your party are almost 100% going to bring something, whether you asked for it or not. So, with that being said, why not put that thoughtful party gesture to good use and inform every invited guest that they are free to bring something for the party in order for you to bring your expenses as a low as possible. To make me a little subtle, why not put on your invites “pot-luck is very welcome,” and everyone would most definitely bring along something one way or the other.
6. Send invites by email – rather than spending money for printing invitation cards and spend further just to send them out by snail mail, it would be wiser just to send the invites through email. Social media platforms can be used to send invites nowadays too. After all, we bet that almost all of the guests you plan to invite would have accounts on one or more of these Internet-based platforms.
7. Surprise your guests with the unexpected – now that you have planned properly for the upcoming party, you may have planned way better than what you have budgeted and have saved cash against what you have planned. In cases like this, you may opt to spend for something unique and surprising for your guests. This could bring more excitement for the whole party as well as something for guests to remember for a long time.
A party should be celebrated even if it has already ended, especially when the expenditures and billings come up afterward. It should be a social gathering that brings our friendship and a local celebration the help increases enthusiasm among us.